The 240V Test checks boilers for mains power supply to the boiler terminal strip.
This test will ascertain the correct polarity between L and N although, some boilers will operate unaffected by reversed polarity. Connect boiler to power supply via 3 pin plug top or inserting 3 amp fuse into switch Ensure boiler is on but with...
Resistance to earth: (dead test) This test confirms the integrity (resistance) of the insulation between L and E on the boiler terminal strip or plug top pins (Black lead firstly to E pin and red lead secondly to L pin). Where the boiler supply is connected...
Mains voltage test: (dead test) This test isolates the power supply serving the boiler, so as safe, further testing can be continued, without the risk from stray electrical currents causing a shock. Electrically isolate power supply at fused spur...
As a member check out these Key Areas
- Sequence of boiler operation
- Boiler servicing procedures
- Boiler System Component Testing
- Top Tips for the Heating Engineer
- Boiler Manuals and Service Manuals
- General Boiler Fault Finding
- Boiler Error Codes
- Using Multimeters to diagnose Boiler Faults