Mains voltage test: (dead test)
This test isolates the power supply serving the boiler, so as safe, further testing can be continued, without the risk from stray electrical currents causing a shock.
- Electrically isolate power supply at fused spur switch and remove fuse (Always ensure the boiler is fused at 3 amps on completion of work)
- Set multimeter to correct voltage scale (above 240V AC) and check L and N at the boiler terminal block
This should read zero volts, the boiler is now safe to work on.
As a member check out these Key Areas
- Sequence of boiler operation
- Boiler servicing procedures
- Boiler System Component Testing
- Top Tips for the Heating Engineer
- Boiler Manuals and Service Manuals
- General Boiler Fault Finding
- Boiler Error Codes
- Using Multimeters to diagnose Boiler Faults